Monday, December 22, 2008

I don't know


Over the course of the last few days, I have attempted to change templates on my Writer's blog. I found out that there is many things you need to know about this especially if you stray from the wonderful templates that Blogger provides. I have to admit I gave into the dark side and decided that my blog would look so cool with a certain look. I picked out my look and found that it did not work.
Through much trial and error, I discovered that having an account on Photobucket would aid the process. I also found out that many 'widgets' are not transferable. Widgets are the little programs that make your pictures, lists, profile etc. show up. I spent hours looking through xml code and I will tell you it is no fun - until you figure it out. Then the light bulb goes off and you slap yourself on the forehead and say "Why didn't I figure that out before."
One of the characteristics of a challenge is having to learn how to deal with it. The challenge's strength (for me) is measured in what did I learn. In the challenge of the template change, I learned about how to do it and I learned that I have changed internally. I used to get frustrated easily, reaching a walking away point was something I could do quickly. This task was frustrating but I never reached the walking away point - I stayed calm the whole time.
Part of the secret of my calmness was medication - Just kidding!!
I was calm because I wanted to learn and I was open to the process of learning. The first step of learning is admitting, you don't know anything. This has been a hard one for me to learn but now that I have - I know that I still don't know much (even about myself).
I think somebody said this already - The wiser you get , the less you know.

I want to live life with an open mind and open heart - I think that means saying "I don't know" a lot more and adding "but I am willing to learn."
But I don't know if that is right.

Trying to be wisely uncertain,
Frank

1 comment:

Soulsearcher said...

I don't KNOW anything...does that make me very wise or just very old?