Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Is it the Spiral of Life that makes me feel Dizzy

http://www.historyofmagick.com/images/articles/kabbalah_tree.gifThe other day for a reason known only to my subconscious, I decided to Google (when did google become a verb) the phrase 'Tree of Life'. The response was not what I expected - there were several companies called tree of life mostly green small businesses, a christian book or two and a blog about grandmothers. There was also a wikipedia entry detailing various forms of the tree of life in numerous religions both modern and anceint. The Christian/Hebrew tree of life is the one I was seeking. There is a representation of it to the top of this article. (I found this when I googled 'kabbalah tree 0f life')

According to the Hebrew tradition, the tree of life represents (among other things) the path to God. We, of course, exist at the top of the tree (in Malkuth #10). God exists everywhere of course but Gods domain is just above #1. How one moves from bottom to top is as unique as the individual. One can move in a spiral fashion because this model is two dimensional and the tree is really three (at least) dimensional. One can move in a linear fashion but since one has to touch all the bases so to speak, this does not work so good.
I believe that my own approach is more of a pinball effect, bouncing from one node to another, with an occasional tilting thrown in and also with the occasional TILT light being lit which means the universe does not allow you to cheat yourself of these experiences and you have to start over.
Since I believe in reincarnation, I also believe that each life we live gives us something more in experience points for our journey upward the tree and that when we have accumulated enough points, we get a free game - no that's not right - I think we get to get out of this maze or spiral or celestial game of pinball, simply because we will have proven that we are masters of this puzzle and it no longer challenges us. BUT I reserve the right to be wrong.
This is my theory of Life, which comes complete with visual aides (so far). I think the hard part of life is that we are being bounced around so much (at least I feel I am) we tend to forget that we are making progress (accumulating points) and eventually we will be done.
I am just hoping I don't tilt the damn game again.

Wishing you a joyous Hump day,
Frank
P.S. Here is a link to a lot of neat representations of Tree of Life - click below
Tree of Life images

1 comment:

Soulsearcher said...

Thanks for sharing this. I wonder where I am on the continuum (spiral) of the tree of life and also which life I am experiencing? Some more to think about.