Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Life is either too Short or My Journey too Long



I think that life is too short but I also think thank God. Granted there is not enough time to do all the neat stuff I want to do in this lifetime (is there hope for my novel ?), but I think I do have enough time to do certain things I HAVE TO DO.
Number one on that list is - Clearing out Karma.
I figure if something bothers me enough and constantly - it must be Karma.
Karma is the class you HAVE to take in order to graduate. It is the one taught by the toughest, meanest teacher (the one who loves to flunk people).
Right now - the topic in Karma class is : Bitching.
It bothers me - it bothers me when I do it (am I doing it now ?) and it really bothers me when I see others doing it. Especially on blogs. (Am I doing it again ?)
There is one thing I have noticed about my own bitching - it makes me feel righteous.
But it does not change anything about the situation that pissed me off in the first place.
So I have decided to accept bitching in others, even to love it because it probably helps ease the frustration of not being able to change the situation. Buddha says love the bad stuff (or at least appreciate its value). I know I can't and should not want to change others - that is part of their path.
But I have decided that I dislike bitching because I don't like what it does to me. It gives me a false sense of being right. I hope by honoring my bitching I will cease to do it. (Am I bitching about my bitching) - man, this Karma class is hard)
I declare "My Spirit Journeys" a bitch free zone (from now on). Life is too short to waste it Bitching or even bitching about Bitching.

I hope you have a good day (and nothing to bitch about),
Frank

1 comment:

Soulsearcher said...

Today I brought Amy to the airport. She is going back to Japan, then to California for more training, then back to Japan and then to Iraq. I will not see her for at least 9 or 10 months and maybe even longer. So, pardon me if I don't have patience for people who bitch about unimportant things. (This is NOT directed at you Frank. I don't think of you as a whiner.) But a lot of my co-workers take every little thing so seriously and complain all the time. It grates on my nerves. Is the Karma class a real class or something you are studying on your own? I thought about Karma yesterday when the lady driving behind me kept tailgating me while talking on her cell phone. Yes, I did bitch her out. I'm sure I've got some bad Karma going on right now, so I'll get bitched out by somebody else in return.