The difference is my soul reaches far beyond my experience in this life time on earth. Inner depths are the parts of me that are not visible in everyday life.
I am reading the book "Vein of Gold" by Julia Cameron. The current task at hand is to look at at your memories and construct a time line of critical events in your life that shaped you in one way or another. I find this to be a waste of time - one cannot take episodes out of the linear context and expect to know the full story of what was going on at that time in your life.
I believe that it is a far better thing to do something called recapitulation - the freeing up of internal energy that is stuck in some sort of emotional limbo. You can also call this 'letting go' or 'surrender to spirit'.
The process to all three is similar - cutting the bonds that hold us to a place and time and occurrence. This is part where words fail me - I cannot describe the process of doing this - it makes no sense unless I am in the room with you to show you how to do this.
I will however try (don't blame me if this makes no sense).
- go to your meditation space and relax yourself, close your eyes
- picture a problem in your life (ie you don't like your job), visualize this
- feel your body with your mind and find where this problem resides in your body
- breathe into the problem, blow air at the problem as if you were pushing a toy sailboat with your breath - what this does is put energy into the problem, you will need to put energy into the problem if you want to get it unstuck
- As you begin to unstick your problem energy, images will flash in your mind - these images will be parts of the stuck energy and could give you a clue as to how your energy got stuck in the first place but the important thing in this process is to get your energy unstuck
- Some problems are large and cannot be unstuck totally in one session
- Some images are so strong you will actually feel like you are re-living the experience that stuck your energy - If this is the case, it is important that you try to be aloof to it - don't get re-sucked into the crap that sucked you in the first place - Keep breathing into the problem and let go, don't defend yourself, let everything proceed without your impedence, just watch and let go - surrender, don't touch anything with your emotions - this might be easier said than done - if you get suck in you can always at anytime let go - remember that.