Saturday, January 10, 2009

something witty this way comes (NOT)

This should not have happened - I did all the things that I was supposed to do - My morning pages - my mental preparation - my inspirational readings of the internet blogs -- and here I am with a case of mental block - not knowing what to write about.
So I decided since today is a day no one expects me to have anything on the blog (and because I am committed to blogging 365) - I will write about what blocks me at this moment - and thus I am being mindful (in the moment) and blocked at the same time.

I think that I know what is blocking me - my desire to be meaningful and/or entertaining. I don't know about other people but I can not get enough of people saying "Hey, good job" - I am like a supermodel dealing with food: I know I want it and need it but I keep thinking praise might get in the way of me doing my job (writing). I think that if I write to get praise I will start to write what others want me to write and not what I feel like writing (which at this moment is not a whole hecky-decky lot) Tis a horrid fate to be stuck with Mental Block. Momma's don't let your babies grow up to Writers. I think that my expectations far outweigh my capabilities today.
At least, I think so (isn't that what got me into this mess - thinking)

At this point the goddess of Creative Writing appears and gives me international symbol for be quiet - I think she is telling me to stop thinking so much and just get on with work (fun, play, whatever). At least I hope she is (and not just telling me to shut the pie-hole up.)
So being stuck today without a deep or meaningful thing to say, I have found out something about myself - If I can write this much without having a purpose (other than to fill up space) just think what might happen when I do - this is the year of Obama - the year of hope renewed - the year I might actually get off my arse - I hope.
Frank

1 comment:

Soulsearcher said...

It's okay just to write without having a topic. Sometimes we just need a break or to do some living instead of writing and reflecting. Enjoy your day. Be easy on yourself. Take the day off from the computer.