Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Banner - Same Me


I thought I would change the picture on the top of this blog - the orange desert was okay for two months but now the current picture is the Moon as seen from either the south pole or the north pole, I don't remember which. A friend sent it to me a few months back.

I have had a big change in attitude lately and for lack of a better reason why - I am going to blame it on my nightly kundalini meditation.
In this meditation there is three stages:
Stage 1) where one relaxes and gives all worries, concerns and obligations to the god/goddess supreme being and asks to align oneself to this higher power which is both internal and all around us,
Stage 2) in which one breathes the 'ocean' breath for two minutes followed by two minutes of the 'fire' breath [the ocean breath is much easier and more relaxing, the fire breath is what actually gets the kundalini energy moving - it is called the fire breath because it feels like a hot energy moving upward along the spine (see diagram).
Stage 3) is a deep, deep meditative state that follows after the fire breathing is ceased. In this state, I have begun to realize that I choose in each and every moment of my life how I perceive myself and my attitude toward what happens in life. It is in this deep meditation that I realized that I can be joyous and positive each and every moment of my life.
I am realizing that my own negativity comes from a routine not from a desire to be negative. And I am realizing that I can break that routine by being mindful in my life.
So I am trying to be mindful, to catch myself when I slip into negative routines and to accept that this will take some practice and getting used to. But I feel that I am getting better at it every day.
And I think that this mindfulness is helping my creative spirit.(I just have to make some time to write more but I know that is coming soon.
Love to you,
Frank

1 comment:

Soulsearcher said...

All of the spiritual gurus that I have read emphasize the need for mindfulness. Good for you, Frank, for making yourself more aware and for taking some positive steps. I like the new picture; it's a good one for winter months.