Friday, January 16, 2009

A Bad Ass-itude

This about says it all concerning my attitude today - I need one of these.
It is one of those days in which I had high expectations but as usual I am let down by my performance - I want to write a lot of things and I want to make sense and nonsense at the same time but I feel that I try to please people too much and I need to get back to my work and to take myself seriously.
But then I look at myself and ask "Who would take you seriously ?"
"Somebody who didn't know any better" I answer myself and

I think of the old Groucho Marx (Karl's brother) joke:
I would not want to be part of any club that would have me for a member.

And I think that sums up my bad attitude toward myself to a tee.
And that has me teed off which is a bad thing because it is freezing out and who wants to play golf in the winter - you can get blue balls that way but if you did play with blue balls they would be easy to find even in snow which is a good thing and thus my attitude has come full circle
which is making me dizzy.
I need to get tougher and not to look to others for cues on how I am doing - I need a
Bad Ass-itiude - a black leather psyche with tattoos on my ego.

That's all I'm saying - if you want more - Tough Twinkies
Frank

No comments: